Exploring the hiking paths of Delphi, Parnassus & Meteora
A 3-days hiking trip exploring some of the most impressive landscapes of mainland Greece!
Key highlights of this journey:
– Visit the Oracle of Delphi – an archaeological visit at the ‘navel of the Earth’, a ‘must’ for all visitors to Greece
– Nature walk in Mt. Parnassus National Park – featuring a forest of endemic Grecian Fir, rare montane wildflowers, limestone formations
– Walk down the ancient stairway from Parnassus to Delphi, above the cliffs of Castalia spring – magnificent views, Mediterranean wildflowers and the best way to enjoy Delphi away from the tourist crowds
– Lunch at the oldest tavern of the small market-town of Amfissa – a Greek original
– Overnight at the shade of the famous Meteora, the ‘floating rocks’ of Thessaly, impressive sandstone and conglomerate rock formations riddled with monasteries
– Visit two Byzantine monasteries built on the Meteora rocks – 11th century medieval architecture, some of the best Orthodox icons in Greece, and views to the distant Pindos mountain range
– Two short nature walks between the sandstone cliffs and the monasteries – mediterranean deciduous forests, teeming with butterflies, rare birds and impressive geology
Customize this trip!
This trip can be customized to your personal travel wishes! To learn more about the trip and enquire about prices, please fill in the form and our team will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
DepartureHotel or airport pick-up!
Departure Time8:30 AM
Dress CodeCasual. Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat, light jacket.
Day 1: The Delphi oracle and the foothills of Mt. Parnassus
Day 2: Walking the ancient stairway of Delphi
Day 3: Between the ‘floating’ rocks and the monasteries of Meteora
Post a Comment
- Accommodation in hotels or characterful local guesthouses with breakfast
- Private vehicle throughout the tour
- Experienced guide specialising in hiking tours
- Information material
- Liability Insurance
- All applicable taxes
What's not included
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fees to museums and archaeological sites
- Food, drinks and beverages if not mentioned above
- Anything not specified in the “what’s included” section