Discover the island of Andros and its culinary treasures
A two-days culinary trip exploring one of the most special Greek islands, the island of water and dreams.
Explore the fascinating and beautiful island of Andros just two hours by boat from Rafina port, near Athens, and learn all about its gastronomy based on its local agricultural tradition. Andros is the second largest island in the Cyclades, an island that combines on the one hand the dry Cycladic landscape with lush vegetation and abundantly flowing streams on the other. Museums, cultural events and neoclassical architecture as well as imposing mountains over its countless exotic beaches complete the unique mosaic of Andros.
In this two-days trip you will discover the best kept secrets of the island with the help of a local guide, who will introduce you to local traditions, food culture and hidden natural beauties. You will also have the chance to meet with local producers and learn about the cultivation of traditional Greek products. Moreover, you will taste delicious food made of local agricultural products and experience the natives’ everyday way of life.
A perfect trip to escape from the city life and experience local culture and nature in one of the most special Greek islands, the island of water and dreams.
Key highlights of this journey:
– Exploration of the unique natural landscape of Andros
– Getting to know the local agricultural tradition
– Guidance through the historic centre of Andros Town
– Beekeeping experience next to local beekeepers
– Tasting of local culinary specialties based on local products
– Visit to a 1000-year-old castle-monastery
– Optional: hiking tours, local traditional Greek music night and several other cultural events
Customize this trip!
This trip can be customized to your personal travel wishes! To learn more about the trip and enquire about prices, please fill in the form and our team will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
Departure Time09:30 AM
Dress CodeCasual. Comfortable athletic clothing and shoes.
Post a Comment
- Transfers from/to Athens and Rafina port
- Boat tickets to Andros island
- Private vehicle throughout the tour
- Experienced local tour leader/driver
- Presentation by locals about the cultivation and production of traditional local products
- Traditional Greek coffee and sweets
- Olive oil tasting experience in the Olive Museum
- Honey tasting experience in a farm
- Two meals with traditional Greek food
- Information material
- Liability Insurance
- All applicable taxes
What's not included
- Personal expenses
- Food, drinks and beverages if not mentioned above
- Anything not specified in the “what’s included” section
We spent 2 days on Andros island. We had an excellent local guide. We seldom feel we will return to a place on our travels, since there is so much more we are yet to see, but Andros is an exception. We plan to go back; it was truly a very special experience!
13 May 2020 at 14:21