Full-day food & wine tour to Feneos in Corinthia
A full-day food & wne tour exploring the fascinating region of Feneos.
Discover the breathtaking, rugged region of mountainous Corinthia only just a few hours away from Athens. Take a full-day gastronomy tour and explore the lakes, museums and monasteries scattered about the gorgeous landscape.
The highlands of Corinth are just 2-3 hours by car from Athens. At a distance of just 60km from the capital one can see two lakes, golden reed beds, fields where exceptional pulses are cultivated, mountain plains and alpine landscapes. And all of this next door to the Gulf of Corinth and the breathtaking Corinth Canal. On this full-day tour you will discover the best kept secrets of this fascinating region, you will meet with local producers and learn about the cultivation of traditional Greek pulses, you will taste delicious local food made of local agricultural products and unique wine varieties by visiting a traditional wine estate. A perfect tour to escape for a day to nature and to get closer to traditional Greek village life and culture.
Key highlights of this journey:
– Stop at the Isthmus of Corinth to see the famous Corinth Canal
– Explore the beautiful lake Doxa and the historic monastery of Aghios Georgios
– Meet with local producers in Goura village and learn about the cultivation of Greek pulses
– Taste delicious local food made of local products
– Visit the Environment Museum of Stymphalia lake
– Have a wine-tasting experience in a traditional wine estate
Customize this tour!
This tour can be customized to your personal travel wishes! To learn more about the tour and enquire about prices, please fill in the form and our team will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
Departure Time8:30 AM
Return Time19:30 PM
Dress CodeCasual. Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat, sun screen.
- Private vehicle throughout the tour
- Experienced tour leader/driver
- Presentation by a local about the cultivation of Greek pulses
- Lunch with traditional Greek food
- Wine-tasting experience in a wine estate
- Information material
- Liability Insurance
- All applicable taxes
What's not included
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fees to the Environment Museum
- Food, drinks and beverages if not mentioned above
- Anything not specified in the “what’s included” section