Hiking trip around the Peloponnese
A five-days hiking trip exploring the beautiful landscapes of the Peloponnese region.
Key highlights of this journey:
– Visit the citadel and tombs of pre-historic Mycenae – a must for every visitor to the Peloponnese
– Walk a 3,000 year old Mycenaean trail – not much has changed!
– Visit Sparta, the capital of the ancient kingdom of Leonidas
– Marvel at the nature of the lofty Mt. Taygetos: accessible nature walks in cobbled paths, and dramatic road trips through its gorges
– Immerse yourself in the Byzantine splendour of Mystras, the last bastion of Byzantine Greece in the 14th Century
– Wander in the vast Ancient city of Messene – one of the best preserved ancient sites in Greece
– Trek between Byzantine monasteries in the Arcadian river gorge of Lousios river
– Visit the dorian Temple of Apollo at Bassae – said to rival the Parthenon
– Walk in the dark, silent forests of Mt. Maenalus in Arcadia
– Hike at the Geo Park of Vouraikos river canyon – one of the most impressive gorges in Greece
– Cross part of the Vouraikos canyon in an old rack railway
Customize this trip!
This trip can be customized to your personal travel wishes! To learn more about the trip and enquire about prices, please fill in the form and our team will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
DepartureHotel/ airport pick-up!
Dress CodeCasual. Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat, light jacket.
- Accommodation in hotels or characterful local guesthouses with breakfast
- Experienced guide specialising in hiking tours
- Private vehicle throughout the tour
- Information material
- Liability Insurance
- All applicable taxes