Culinary trip to the Messinian Mani
Discover the finest in food, wine and local products that the broader area of Messinia and Mani have to offer!
Feed the body. Feed the mind. That’s what this journey is about!
Tasting the locally distinct foods of a destination can be equally charming and enlightening as exploring a region’s unique culture, history and nature. By a region’s food, one can understand its true, unchanging character. How people eat and the different types of foods, herbs and spices can explain a lot about a culture, without any words!
During this culinary journey we will discover the finest in food, wine and local products that the broader area of Messinia and Mani have to offer. We will learn how to make homemade pasteli, a sesame & honey bar, we will taste organic olive oil, we will learn how to collect natural sea salt, we will visit a 100 year old traditional bakery, we will taste local wine; a revelation of the best kept culinary secrets of Morea just for you!
Although the main focus of this tour is gastronomic, the Messinian Mani has a wealth of Byzantine churches and places of interest to explore, treasures of exquisite beauty that you will enjoy during this trip!
Key highlights of this journey:
– Explore the picturesque village of Kardamyli
– Learn about olive oil making, pasteli making from local craftsmen and sea salt collection
– Taste authentic gastronomic traditions of Messinian Mani
– Discover the byzantine villages and churches of the 13th century, from Kardamyli to Areopolis
– Stroll through the old city of Kalamata and its Castle
Customize this trip!
This trip can be customized to your personal travel wishes! To learn more about the trip and enquire about prices, please fill in the form and our team will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
Departure Time8:30 AM
Dress CodeCasual. Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat, sun screen
Day 1: Kalamata
Day 2: Byzantine Treasures in Messinian Mani
Day 3: Kardamyli & Stoupa
- Accommodation in hotels or characterful local guesthouses with breakfast
- Private vehicle throughout the tour
- Experienced tour leader
- Culinary tasting experiences with organic olive oil and local products
- Information material
- Liability Insurance
- All applicable taxes
What's not included
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fees to museums
- Food, drinks and beverages if not mentioned above
- Anything not specified in the “what’s included” section