Travel Operations Officer
Somewhere We Know is seeking a motivated Travel Operations Officer to join our team in Athens.
Somewhere We Know is a cultural travel company based in Athens, Greece. We create unique tailor-made experiential travels and cultural trips in the Peloponnese, in Epirus and other unexplored regions of Greece. We welcome to our cultural tours like- minded people who travel with a purpose: to learn about Greek history, philosophy and culture, to collect moments beyond the ordinary, to explore unknown paths, to live exceptional experiences, and to embrace the every day life of modern Greece.
As a Travel Operations Officer, you will play an important role in the seamless execution of our tailor-made journeys. You will work closely with our dedicated team of travel experts to coordinate and manage all operational aspects of our trips. Your responsibilities will include:
- Overseing and managing daily travel operations including itinerary bookings, and logistics
- Communicating with our suppliers: hotels, transfer and tour companies and experience organizers all over Greece
- Placing reservations & updating itineraries with reservation details
- Monitoring daily operational status of trips and related services, payments, reservations
- Contacting suppliers for any changes to client itineraries
- Reconfirming and crosschecking with suppliers about existing bookings
- Making sure that client trips run smoothly
- Working closely and in coordination with the travel sales team
- Maintaining company supplier databases
- Updating rates and researching suitable travel products
- Maintaining good relationships with partners and ensuring suppliers provide services in line with company guidelines
- Overseeing client itineraries and documents and ensuring prompt delivery
- Assisting with special projects and other duties as assigned by Management
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Great attention to detail, high accuracy and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively, build relationships, and work collaboratively with internal and external partners and suppliers
- Must be team oriented, extremely motivated, and able to work independently
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment and work under pressure
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) and general computer literacy
- 1-2 years of experience in travel operations, travel management, or similar field would be a plus
Greek: native or bilingual (speaking & writting)
English: good written and verbal communication skills are preferred
Duration & contract type: Unlimited employment contract
Precise location: 100 Asklipiou Str., 11471, Exarchia Athens
Availability (Starting dates): December 2023
Other advantages: Competitive Salary, Laptop, Training & Development
Working time per day and week: 09.30 – 17.30 Monday – Friday
Somewhere We Know seeks individuals interested in long term career and growth prospects and offers career and salary advancement opportunities.
Somewhere We Know is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
For more information you can call us at 211 4113224 and 6936806306.